One family's musings and quest towards a Fabulous life!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lowcountry Cuisine

I'm in the mood for fabulous food!!!  My stomach is yearning for some food that is not mass producedHere is a run down of past favorites.. and future haunts.  I'll post the highlights of our gastronomical tour of Charleston once we've devoured ourselves full :)

32 Rue de Jean
One of our absolute favorites for moules (in six preparations!) & frites. I hear they have an amazing brunch menu as well...the omelettes & quiche sound divine!

The Mustard Seed
 The food here is always delicious & fresh.  I'm partial to the mushroom risotto, and Brian enjoys the Pad Thai, however they always offer tempting specials.  A must at least once (probably two-three times!) over leave.
82 Queen
I'm drooling already... baby spinach salad, fried green tomatoes, lowcountry crab cake, seared scallops with jumbo shrimp and mussels, entering into a food coma just imagining the possibilities...


We'd like to try:

Jestine's Kitchen 
 Super popular -always with a line wrapped around the corner; a storied eatery we've been meaning to try for a while.  Appears kid friendly (always a plus!).  I couldn't find a menu posted online, but I know it's billed to be down home southern comfort food - and I'll be more than happy to indulge :)

Fig 
 {Potato Gnocchetti, Strube Ranch Wagyu Bistro Steak, Pancetta wrapped golden tilefish...mmmm}

Slightly North Of Broad 
{Tuna Crudo, Jumbo lump crab cakes, Pad Thai and grilled salmon sound delish!}

Amen Street Fish & Raw Bar  
{lobster & shrimp risotto, petite filet of beef, fried oysters, tempura shrimp and vegetable triange spring rolls - yum!}

For anyone who has been to Charleston - any "musts" for restaurants?

No comments:

Post a Comment